The Special Olympics Unified Games needs our help!
Special Olympics has chosen Detroit as the host for their international soccer tournament! Michigan Knights of Columbus will be preparing and serving dinner for the Special Olympics Unified Games on Friday, August 5th at the Corner Ballpark in Detroit. We expect to serve bagged meals to 800-1,000 participants. We encourage you to volunteer for this special opportunity. Please note that your family members are welcome to sign up (14+ years only) but all minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times. If you have any questions, please contact Brian Zahn, District Deputy #114, at (248) 238-3541 or email@example.com
If you can, please volunteer for this! The dinner will be prepared and served on August 5th. We need your help to prepare and serve the food to the Special Olympic participants.
Date: Friday, August 5, 2022
Location: The Corner Ballpark, 1680 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI 48216
- 2-4pm – Setup (Includes preparing grills, tents, food prep line, food serving line, etc.)
- 3:30-7pm – Cooking & Serving (Includes grilling chicken breasts, assembling chicken sandwiches, loading items into the serving bag, distributing food to the participants, etc.)
- 6:30-8:30pm – Cleanup (Includes packing up any unused food, cleaning the food prep and serving area, removing tents & grills, etc.)
To sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4da5a62ba2ffc43-special
We are encouraging all of you (and your families) to attend the 2020 Life Chain. Please follow these links where there is more information on this very important event:
Details for Life Chain 2020
Date: Sunday, October 4, 2020
Time: 2PM to 3:30PM
Location: Corner of Fort Street and Eureka Road (We will line up on Fort Street!)
Please spend some time protecting LIFE. Bring your family and wear your K of C shirts/gear. All we are asking for is 90 minutes AT THE MOST!
See you on Sunday!
Join your fellow Brother Knights, Parishioners of St. Pius X, and others who BELIEVE IN LIFE for the 30th Annual LIFE CHAIN, on Sunday, October 1, 2017, from 2:00 – 3:30 PM. Meet at Fort Street near Eureka Road.
In the DOWNRIVER area, we will peacefully line the sidewalks of Fort Street all the way from Lincoln Park, and down thru Southgate, Wyandotte and Riverview.
*Stand up for LIFE from the moment of conception to the last natural breath.
*We are a lawful, prayerful, quiet Christian witness for LIFE.
*Bring your whole family! Be a light in a darkened world and help end abortion!
*Signs will be provided and available on Fort Street near Eureka Road.
Following the LIFE CHAIN, there will be an Open House at Right to Life of Michigan Resource Center, 2010 Eureka Rd., Wyandotte, MI 48192. (734) 282-6100, www.rtl.org .
Meet to pick up signs at FORT STREET and EUREKA ROAD. Wear your Knights of Columbus gear and bring your family.
PDF version of flyer: Downriver Life Chain Sunday 2015
Following this event, we have been invited to the Right to Life Open House:
Dear Prolife Friends,
You are invited to attend our annual Right to Life of Michigan Open House, which will follow Life Chain Sunday events.
- Where: Right to Life of Michigan Resource Center – 2010 Eureka (corner of 20th. St.) Wyandotte – ( Between Pet City Pets store and party pack)
- When: Sunday, October 4, 2015 3:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Prolife fellowship, light refreshments will be served
- Please share with prolife friends and family members, all Life Chain participants invited to attend
- Hope you can join in!
For additional information please contact Chris via this e-mail or telephone 734-282-6100
See you all on Sunday, October 4th!